ASP.NET MVC 3, abbreviated as MVC 3, shipped just 10 months after MVC 2 (described in the article Basic MVC 2 features), driven by the release date for Web Matrix. Its new features include:
– Expressive Views including the new Razor View Engine. For more details you can read the article Razor view engine in ASP.NET 4.0
– .NET 4 Data Annotation Support. For more details you can read a short article Data annotation support in ASP.NET 4.0
– Streamlined validation with improved Model validation.
– Powerful hooks with Dependency Resolution and Global Action Filters. The article Advanced features in ASP.NET MVC 3 will give you more information.
– Package manager for the .NET Framework – NuGet.
MVC 3 runs on the following Windows client operating systems:
– Windows XP
– Windows Vista
– Windows 7
It runs on the following server operating systems:
– Windows Server 2003
– Windows Server 2008
– Windows Server 2008 R2