In this site you will find free .NET guides, examples and source code designed for all developers, from the beginners to the professionals.
If you need quick answers of your ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, MVC, Ajax, SQL Server or WFC programming questions then you are on the right place!
Make a quick search or browse by categories to find the right ASP.NET tutorial, which will help you in your daily programming tasks.
- How to send email
- How to create Web Service
- How to create new aspx web page
- How to use pager in GridView control
- How to refresh a page
How to use this site
1. Use the search box to find a guide or reference that you need. You should just type what are you looking for, by example “how to send email”.
2. Browse the search results and click on the example that best matches your search criteria.
3. Read the whole article and see if it can help you. By clicking on the images you could open them in larger screen for clear view.
4. The programming code is highlighet so you can just copy and paste it in your favorite editor. Take in mind that some of the code should be edited, so that you can use it for your projects (by example the connection string).
5. If you see that some guide do not work for you, then you could just seach for another example, which best matches your needs.
- How to get a token as a step of Programmatic Impersonation in VB.NET
- TextBox class properties and its descriptions
- How to access Windows user information in VB.NET
- How to use a separate Windows service for state management in ASP.NET
- Style class properties and its descriptions
Microsoft .NET is a free technology that allows developers to create dynamic web applications. It can be used to create anything from small, personal websites through to large, enterprise-class web applications.
.NET 1.0 was the first version and it was released on January 16, 2002. As object-oriented Web application development it supported inheritance, polymorphism and other standard OOP features. The developers can make use of DLL class libraries and other features of the Web server.
.NET 1.1 was released on April 24, 2003. It introduced Mobile controls and Automatic input validation.
.NET 2 was released on November 7, 2005. It is the first major update to the .NET framework and includes solutions to common problems encountered with version 1.1 as well as new features that greatly increase the flexibility and functionality of Web development. Some of the major changes are:
– Improve the reliability and usability of Web applications;
– Reduce the number of lines of code you have to write;
– Offer user features to personalize Web applications;
– Provide enhanced design features.
.NET 3.5 was released on November 19, 2007. Along with it, was released Visual Studio 2008. It uses the same engine as that of .NET 2.0, but with some extra features added on as AJAX, The ListView and DataPager Controls, LINQ (Language Integrated Query), Merge Tool, and some new Assemblies.
.NET 4 was released on April 12, 2010. Along with it, was released Visual Studio 2010. It introduces many features that improve core .NET services such as output caching and session state storage. Web Forms has been a core feature since the release of 1.0. Many enhancements have been in this area for .NET 4 as the ability to set meta tags, more control over view state, more control over rendered HTML in the FormView and ListView controls etc… MVC was introduced as an add-on framework to .NET 3.5 SP1 in March 2009. Visual Studio 2010 includes MVC 2, which includes new features and capabilities.
.NET 4.5 was released on August 15, 2012. Along with it, was released Visual Studio 2012. Some of the new features and enhancements that are being introduced in it were Asynchronously Reading and Writing HTTP Requests and Responses, Improvements to HttpRequest handling, New Request Validation Features, HTML 5 Updates, MVC 4, Web Pages 2 etc…
.NET 4.6 was released on July 20, 2015. Along with it, was released Visual Studio 2015and Entity Framework 7 Previews for Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10. Some of the most important new features were HTTP/2 support when running on Windows 10 and More async task-returning APIs.
.NET Core is the latest .NET version and it’s a significant redesign. It will be released along with Visual Studio 2015 and MVC 6. It includes a lot of new and improved features as New flexible and cross-platform runtime; Cloud-ready environment configuration; Ability to see changes without re-building the project; Ability to self-host or host on IIS; New modular HTTP request pipeline; Unified programming model that combines MVC, Web API, and Web Pages; Side-by-side versioning of the .NET Framework; New tools in Visual Studio 2015.
Start learning how to create .NET web sites Now!