On this page you will find some of the best companies offering Windows hosting services. As developers we know how important is not only to host your websites, but to be able to test the latest and newest .NET technologies which are still in beta versions.
Before digging into the awesome ASP.NET Web hosts we know and trust, an important disclosure:
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, we’ll earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that we have experience with all of these companies, and we recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions we make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
They provide Data center & Windows Cloud hosting solutions, including Shared plans, Virtual Private Cloud Servers and Dedicated Windows Servers. Their ASP.NET stack include Windows Server 2019/2016, Windows IIS 10, Plesk control panel, ASP.NET core 3/4.8, MS SQL 2016, Application Installer, CloudFlare CDN. Their main core features are Company Owned & Operated Data Center, SSAE-16/18 SOC 1 & SOC 2 Audit Certified, HIPAA, HITECH, and PCI Compliant Mapping, 3N UPS System & 2N Backup Power Generators, 24/7 On-site Staff, Security, & Expert Support, 100% Network & Power Uptime Guarantee, 100% Green Energy – Hydro & Solar.
As the best ASP.NET Hosting provider for us (managed solutions), Liquid Web powered HowtoASP.NET! They provide Managed VPS, Cloud and Dedicated servers, supporting .NET Core 3 / 4.8. If you need Enterprise-Class Windows Server solution using the latest technologies as Windows 2016/2012 Server, SQL 2016/2014 Server and IIS 10/8, then with their 100% uptime guarantee and quality 24/7/365 U.S. based tech support they will be the right provider for you!
When you are looking for a new Web Host make sure that the company provide all features that you will need for your project. We write some of the most important for you:
1 Full Trust Allowed – you can use this feature if your application use full trust ASP.NET. Take in mind that for security reasons many of the shared hosts do not provide it.
2. Multiple Domains – If you want to host more than 1 domain name (i.e. yoursite.com, yoursite2.com etc…) then Multiple Domains plan is the feature you should look for. Most of the shared web hosts allow only 1 domain per account, so read the plans carefully.
3. 24/7 Technical Support – This is very important feature, and you should not make compromises with this one. Check also where is located the tech support, and choose company which have local support, not one with some low quality overseas support.
4. 30 Day Money Back Guarantee – This is mandatory when you get new account. The meaning of 30 Day Money Back Guarantee is that you can cancel the service and get your money back in 30 days. It’s like a trial for you.
5. Own Data Centers – You should prefer companies that have own data centers and their locations is near to your customers. By example use UK based data center if you target UK customers.
6. PHP Compatible – Make sure that your company support PHP & MySQL if you need to use them. Even if you do need this feature, it could be useful in the future. So, get more features for your money.
7. Antivirus protection – on shared accounts the antivirus protection is made by the companies. There are 2 types of protections – for your emails and scripts. Before ordering an account check what antivirus options you have.
Each plan targets the specific developers needs. The most popular are:
- Cheap (Affordable / Low cost)
- .NET Core 3/2
- .NET 4.8/4.7
- .NET MVC
- Windows 2019
- Windows 2016
- IIS 10
- SQL 2016 Server
- SQL 2014 Server
- .NET AJAX
Bellow you will find the most recent .NET technologies and features which should be supported by your Host:
- Windows 2019 Server – as the most recent version, it redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more.
- IIS 10 Server – it includes Application Initialization, multi-core scaling on NUMA hardware and centralized SSL certificate support, among other new features.
- ASP.NET Core – it provides many new features for .NET Core Services as build and run cross-platform .NET apps on Windows, Mac and Linux, Cloud-ready environment-based configuration and the ability to host on IIS or self-host in your own process.
- ASP.NET Core MVC – it’s a model view controller framework for building dynamic web sites with clean separation of concerns, including the merged MVC, Web API, and Web Pages w/ Razor.
- MS SQL 2016 – it delivers breakthrough in-memory performance, unparalleled security, end-to-end mobile BI and advanced analytics.