ASP.NET MVC provides a Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework for developing Web applications using Visual Studio. ASP.NET MVC also includes ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET Web Pages, Web Optimization and NuGet, a free, open source developer focused package management system.
How to install ASP.NET MVC
ASP.NET MVC can be installed from the ASP.NET MVC home page (https://www.asp.net/mvc) using the […]
When you create a new ASP.NET MVC 3 application with Visual Studio 2010, it automatically adds several files and directories to the project, as shown in the next picture.
Visual Studio 2010 basic MVC3 application
ASP.NET MVC 3 projects by default have six top-level directories and two files, shown in the next table:
This directory is used […]
After creating a new MVC 3 application (described in the article How to create a basic MVC 3 application with Visual Studio 2010), you’ll be presented with an intermediate dialog with some MVC-specific options for how the project should be created, as shown in the next picture. The options you select from this dialog […]
You can create a basic MVC 3 application, by following the next steps:
1. Begin by choosing File -> New -> Project
New Project selection with Visual Studio 2010
2. In the Installed Templates section on the left column of the New Project dialog, shown in the next picture select […]
ASP.NET MVC 3 ,abbreviated as MVC 3, shipped just 10 months after MVC 2 (described in the article Basic MVC 2 features) , driven by the release date for Web Matrix. Its new features include:
– Expressive Views including the new Razor View Engine. For more details you can read the article Razor view engine in ASP.NET […]
In MVC 3 you can find some big improvements in simplifying more sophisticated application-level tasks with support for dependency resolution and global action filters.
ASP.NET MVC 3 introduces a new concept called a dependency resolver, which greatly simplifies the use of dependency injection in your applications. This makes it easier to decouple application components, which […]
– Ajax helpers (such as Ajax.ActionLink and Ajax.BeginForm) render clean markup for the FORM tag, wiring up behavior leveraging extensible attributes (data- attributes) and […]
ASP.NET MVC 2 was released in March 2010. Some of the main features in MVC 2 included:
– UI helpers with automatic scaffolding with customizable templates
– Attribute-based Model validation on both client and server
– Strongly-typed HTML helpers
– Improved Visual Studio tooling
– Support for partitioning large applications […]
ASP.NET MVC is a framework for building scalable, standards-based web applications using well-established design patterns and the power of ASP.NET and the .NET Framework.
You could download and install the lates ASP.NET MVC Framework at official ASP.NET site […]