This ASP.NET hosting tutorial explains how to move ASP.NET 4 hosting account.
To move your ASP.NET 4 website to new hosting account you should follow the next steps:
- Create new ASP.NET 4 hosting account on the new server.
- Backup your ASP.NET 4 projects – all files, databases etc…
- Deploy your project to the new Windows server.
- Test to check if everything is OK.
- Change your DNS records and point your domain name to the new Windows server.
- Wait for some time (24 hours) so the new settings take effect.