To reset autonumber in Microsoft Office Access 2007, follow these steps:
- Delete the AutoNumber field from the main table.
- Click the Create tab, and then choose Query Design.
- In the Show Table dialog box, select the main table. Click Add, and then Close.
- Double-click the required fields in the table view of the main table to select the fields.
- Select the required Sort order.
- On the Design tab, click Make Table in the Query Type group. Type the new table name in the Table Name box.
- On the Design tab, click Run in the Results group.
- You will see the following message box:
You are about to paste # row(s) into a new table.
- Click Yes to insert the rows.
- Close the query.
- Right-click the new table, and then click Design View.
- In the Design view for the table, add an AutoNumber field that has the same field name that you deleted in step 1. Add this AutoNumber field to the new table, and then save the table.
- Close the Design view window.
- Rename the main table name. Rename the new table name to the main table name.