Welcome to HowToASP.NET! In this site you will find free .NET tutorials, ASP.NET examples and ASP.NET source code designed for all .NET developers, from the beginners to the professionals.
If you need quick answers of your ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, MVC, Ajax, SQL Server or WFC programming questions then you are on the right place!
Make a quick search or browse by categories to find the right ASP.NET tutorial, which will help you in your daily ASP.NET programming tasks.
Read Popular ASP.NET Tutorial
- How to send email in ASP.NET
- How to create Web Service in ASP.NET
- How to create new aspx web page
- How to use pager in GridView control
- How to refresh a page in ASP.NET
Read Recent ASP.NET Tutorial and News
- Cheap ASP.NET Hosting VS Free ASP.NET Hosting
- ASP.NET 4.5 Hosting FAQ
- ASP.NET MVC Hosting FAQ
- Cloud ASP.NET hosting FAQ
- Reseller ASP.NET hosting FAQ
How to use the ASP.NET Examples
1. Use the search box to find the DOT NET tutorial or reference that you need. You should just type what are you looking for, by example “how to send email”.
2. Browse the search results and click on the DOT NET example that best matches your search criteria.
3. Read the whole article and see if this example can help you. By clicking on the images you could open them in larger screen.
4. The DOT NET code is highlighet so you can just copy and pate it in your favourite .NET editor. Take in mind that some of the code should be edited, so that you can use it for your projects (be example the connection string).
5. If you see that some DOT NET tutorial do not work for you, then you could just seach for another .NET example, which best matches your needs.
Random ASP.NET Examples
- Layout CSS properties and values
- How to manage the ASP.NET web service buffer response
- How to duplicate table with SQL Server Object Explorer
- How to rename an index in SQL server
Microsoft .NET is a free technology that allows developers to create dynamic web applications. ASP.NET can be used to create anything from small, personal websites through to large, enterprise-class web applications.
ASP.NET 1.0 was the first version and it was released on January 16, 2002. As object-oriented Web application development it supported inheritance, polymorphism and other standard OOP features. The developers can make use of DLL class libraries and other features of the Web server.
ASP.NET 1.1 was released on April 24, 2003. It introduced Mobile controls and Automatic input validation.
ASP.NET 2.0 was released on November 7, 2005. ASP.NET 2.0 is the first major update to the ASP.NET framework and includes solutions to common problems encountered with ASP.NET 1.1 as well as new features that greatly increase the flexibility and functionality of Web development on the .NET platform. Some of the ASP.NET 2 major changes are:
- Improve the reliability and usability of Web applications;
- Reduce the number of lines of code you have to write;
- Offer user features to personalize Web applications;
- Provide enhanced design features.
ASP.NET 3.5 was released on November 19, 2007. Along with it, was released Visual Studio 2008. ASP.NET 3.5 uses the same engine as that of ASP.NET 2.0, but with some extra features added on as ASP.NET AJAX, The ListView and DataPager Controls, LINQ (Language Integrated Query), ASP.NET Merge Tool, and some new Assemblies.
ASP.NET 4.0 was released on April 12, 2010. Along with it, was released Visual Studio 2010. ASP.NET 4 introduces many features that improve core ASP.NET services such as output caching and session state storage. Web Forms has been a core feature in ASP.NET since the release of ASP.NET 1.0. Many enhancements have been in this area for ASP.NET 4 as the ability to set meta tags, more control over view state, more control over rendered HTML in the FormView and ListView controls etc… ASP.NET MVC was introduced as an add-on framework to ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 in March 2009. Visual Studio 2010 includes ASP.NET MVC 2, which includes new features and capabilities.
ASP.NET 4.5 was released on August 15, 2012. Along with it, was released Visual Studio 2012. Some of the new features and enhancements that are being introduced in ASP.NET 4.5 was Asynchronously Reading and Writing HTTP Requests and Responses, Improvements to HttpRequest handling, New ASP.NET Request Validation Features, HTML 5 Updates, ASP.NET MVC 4, ASP.NET Web Pages 2 etc…
ASP.NET 5.0 is the latest ASP.NET version and it’s a significant redesign of ASP.NET. It will be released along with Visual Studio 2015 and MVC 6. ASP.NET 5 includes a lot of new and improved features as New flexible and cross-platform runtime; Cloud-ready environment configuration; Ability to see changes without re-building the project; Ability to self-host or host on IIS; New modular HTTP request pipeline; Unified programming model that combines MVC, Web API, and Web Pages; Side-by-side versioning of the .NET Framework; New tools in Visual Studio 2015.
Start learning how to create .NET web sites Now!