When developers working with SQL Server “Denali”, MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and MS SQL Server 2005 want to copy column definitions from one table to another, they should follow the next steps:
1. Open the table with columns they want to copy and the one they want to copy into.
2. Click the tab for the table with the columns they want to copy and select those columns.
3. From the Edit menu, click Copy.
4. Click the tab for the table into which they want to copy the columns.
5. Select the column they want to follow the inserted columns and from the Edit menu, click Paste.
When developers copy a column that has an alias data type from one database to another, the alias data type may not be available in the destination database. In such a case, the column will be assigned the nearest matching base data type available in that database.