Developers can add a table to their database diagram to edit its structure or relate it to other tables in their diagram.. When Developers working with SQL Server “Denali”, MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and MS SQL Server 2005 want to insert a new table into a database diagram, they should follow the next steps:
1. Make sure they are connected to the database in which they want to create the table.
To create a table in their current diagram, click the New Table button on the toolbar.
Right-click in the diagram and select New Table.
2. Modify or accept the system-assigned table name, in the Choose Name dialog box, and then choose OK.
3. A new table appears in the diagram in Standard view.
In the first cell of the new table, type a column name. Then press the TAB key to move to the next cell.
4. Under Data Type, select a data type for the column. Each column must have a name and data type.
They can set the column’s other properties in Table Designer. For more information see Modifying Columns (Visual Database Tools).
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each column they want to add to the table.
When developers save their database diagram, the new table will be added to their database.