Developers can use Object Explorer in SQL Server “Denali”, MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and MS SQL Server 2005 to duplicate only the structure of an existing table, without any table rows, by following the next steps:
1. Check if they are connected to the database in which they want to create the table and that the database is selected in Object Explorer.
2. In Object Explorer, right-click Tables and click New Table.
3. In Object Explorer right-click the table they want to copy and click Design.
4. The table opens in a second Table Designer window.
5. Select the columns in the existing table and, from the Edit menu, click Copy.
6. Switch back to the new table and select the first row.
7. From the Edit menu, click Paste.
8. From the File menu, click Save table name.
9. In the Choose Name dialog box, type a name for the new table and click OK.