1. In Object Explorer, right-click the table for which they want to create an index and click Design (Modify in SP1 or earlier).
The table opens in Table Designer.
2. From the Table Designer menu, click Indexes/Keys.
3. In the Indexes/Keys dialog box, click Add.
4. Select the new index in the Selected Primary/Unique Key or Index list and set properties for the index in the grid to the right.
5. Specify any other settings for the index and click Close.The index is created in the database when they save the table.